While most people would opt to get away from the city as often as they could to enjoy the sights, smells, and sounds of the country, a lot of us just don’t have the leisure to pack a bag and hop on the nearest bus to a random province a few hours outside of Metro Manila. Sometimes, all you need is a small change of scenery, with the comfort of the city at your fingertips and the annoyances of home being far away. In my case, I need a quiet space to clear my head sometimes and just write – for clients, for myself, for my freelance projects – which is why I signed up for a Midas Gold Card Membership.
The Midas Hotel & Casino is a hip and modern hotel that I frequent – it is within commuting distance from my home in Las Piñas if I ever just want to pop by, and checking into a hotel room to work on small projects has always been a great way to mix things up and to get those creative juices flowing. There’s nothing worse than a writer with writer’s block.
You can ask about the Midas Gold Card Membership by the reception desk. The card, which is valid for a year, costs Php 6,000 and already comes with a voucher for an overnight stay with breakfast buffet for two, as well as other upgrades and discounts – it really is a no brainer, especially if you plan on booking a room to begin with anyway.
Here’s a run down of what you get when you sign up for a Midas Gold Card Membership:
- One voucher for overnight stay in a Deluxe Executive room with buffet breakfast for two
- Two vouchers for an Executive upgrade from Deluxe room to Executive room for Php 1,800 add on
- 50% discount based on rack rates on Deluxe rooms at an unlimited basis
- Two vouchers for 30% discount based on rack rates for all Suite rooms excluding the Presidential Suite
- Two vouchers for 2+1 promo at P5,500 for one night at a Deluxe room
Food & Beverages:
- One voucher for buffet lunch or dinner for two persons
- Two vouchers for 50% off group dining minimum of 6, maximum of 10 personso
- One voucher for 3+1 promo at Midas Cafe
- Discounts applicable for Midas Cafe, Yanagi Japanese Restaurant and 2702 Lounge
- 20% off when dining alone
- 50% for cardholder and one guest
- 33% for cardholder and two guests
- 25% for cardholder and three or more guests (maximum of 30 guests)
- Free membership at Midas Casino
- Complimentary Day Tour for 2 persons at Misibis Bay
- 30% discount on room accommodation at Misibis Bay
- 15% discount on food and beverage at Misibis Bay
- 15% discount on resort activities at Misibis Bay
- Supplementary card for renewing member
Terms & Conditions:
- The membership voucher an/or card membership must be presented before availing privileges
- Reservations must be made at least five days in advance and is subject to availability
- Room accommodation voucher must be presented upon check in
- Check in time starts at 2pm and check out is at 12nn
- Only two adults and two children below 12 years old will be allowed in the room
- Extra bed is chargable at the hotel’s rate
- No visitors are allowed up after 10pm
- Absolutely no holding of parties or entertaining people in the rooms
If you’re the type that appreciates a relaxing staycation every now and then, the Midas Gold Card makes for a good investment for yourself and your family. Plan birthdays and other big celebrations around buffet lunches or dinners at Midas Café or Yanagi, enjoy romantic getaways with your spouse or significant other, or do as I do and check in while getting stuff done at the Midas Executive Lounge, while enjoying a cup of tea and a sandwich or a cocktail or two with dessert.
Midas Hotel & Casino is located at Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City. For inquiries or to make a reservation, please call +63 2 902 0100.